The occasion was held on the 29th of March 2017 at the ICC (International Convention Centre) Cascades Hotel
To be edutained through a food & wine pairing and by making a contribution to our beneficiaries:
- St Bernard's Hospice who provide home-based palliative care
- NSRI who provide sea rescue services along our coastline
- Salem Baby Centre who provide support to indigent mothers and their babies
- Masithetha (Life Line) Counselling Services who provide crisis counselling and support services.
What do you get?
A gourmet 4 course meal, prepared by;
- Cape Town based, French born Chef - Marc Frederick
- Prana Lodge Executive Chef - Jaycee Ferreira and ICC Executive Chef - Neil Davy and his team
- Five wines, selected and presented personally by Michael Fridjhon at the start of each course.
Michael Fridjhon is widely recognised as South Africa's foremost wine taster and wine judge, with over four decades worth of experience in the industry. He has vastinternational wine experience, is an excellent writer and brings an unparalleled judgment and experience to the task of reviewing a wine and its potential. However, what many people do now know about Michael is that he is the recipient of the prestigious Rotary International Paul Harris Fellow award. A Paul Harris Fellow is awarded by Rotary International, to people who exemplify the spirit of Service above Self, and who through their generosity of time, money or expertise make a significant and ongoing difference in the world. A Paul Harris Sapphire (a double Paul Harris) was awarded at the Gourmet Dinner to Michael for his unwavering support to Rotary and thereby our communities, through his personal involvement as the auctioneer of our annual Wine Auction which is our premier fundraising event. This has led to the raising of over R5 million over the years.
For more on Michael also visit his website at www.winewizard.co.za.